Close

Search

Loading...

SALZBURG GLOBAL LGBT FORUM

Apply

Call for Applications

We are currently accepting applications for Advancing Legal and Social Equality in South Asia (December 9 to 13, 2018).

Apply here: my.salzburgglobal.org

Criteria for Applicants to the Salzburg Global LGBT Forum

This year’s program will include approximately 50 Fellows from diverse professional and civic backgrounds including:

  • Activists, community leaders, and emerging young voices engaged in advancing equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex individuals;
  • Artists, filmmakers, social media experts, photographers, researchers, and writers;
  • Judges, lawyers, law makers, policymakers;
  • Persons from human rights groups; cultural, political, and faith-based organizations, and groups aiding those living with HIV/AIDS.

Given the program’s concentration on South Asia, it is expected that approximately 75% of participants will come from the eight countries of this region (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) and the remaining 25% of participants will come from a global range of countries outside the South Asian region.

To qualify, all applicants must:

  • Show interest in creating legal and/or social change in support of equality for a diversity of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and body diversity;
  • Commit time and energy to follow through on plans created through activities of the Salzburg Global LGBT Forum;
  • Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential;
  • Be open to engage with and respect cultural differences within the LGBT Forum’s network; and 
  • Have a good command of spoken and written English.

Deadline 

The deadline for applications is SEPTEMBER 15, 2018. 

Application Requirements

  • All applicants must register their application via the Salzburg Global Seminar website: my.salzburgglobal.org/register-login
  • Applications should include a CV and personal statement of approximately 500 words indicating the “tipping point” issue most relevant to the applicant’s own personal/professional focus and how the program will aid in the applicant’s efforts to affect change on this issue. 
  • All applicants should include an assessment if they are able to cover a part or the total of the costs of their participation.

For more information please contact Bernadette Prasser: bprasser[at]SalzburgGlobal.org


*LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender. We use this term as it is widely used in human rights conversations on sexual orientation and gender identity in many parts of the world. We wish it to be read as inclusive of other cultural concepts that express sexuality and gender, intersex and gender-nonconforming identities.